Sunday, May 09, 2004

We are on Japan time now!

I forgot to mention yesterday that my okaasan and otousan (what my host parents want me to call them, literally means "mother & father") set a few rules... everyday breakfast at 7am and dinner at 6pm... I really doubt that I can wake up at 7 every morning =..=... if I want to stay out for dinner, I need to phone home to tell them so. I also doubt that I can make a phone call... speaking only in japanese. I have my own place for brushing teeth and washing face ^^ Yesterday my dad and I were both given a new pair of chopsticks even though my dad is only staying for 3 days. Apparently Japanese people have this thing about chopsticks... everyone has to have his/her own pair. Every pair has a different pattern so that it won't get mixed up with other pairs :-)

After breakfast today okaasan showed my dad and me the way to school. We took a local train called Hokutetsu Kanazawa (North Rail Kanazawa) from Uchinada Station (my host parents' house is in Uchinada) to Hokutetsu Kanazawa (this is both the name of the train and the name of its terminal station). My okaasan gave me a schedule that looks something like the picture below. It's a schedule for trains leaving Uchinada on the weekdays. The red numbers indicate that the train will skip some stations. I need to take either the 8:16 or the 8:39 train to be on time for classes at 9 ^_^ Hokutetsu Kanazawa Station is very close to the Kanazawa Station for JR lines.

Posted by Hello


So after we got off of the train, okaasan took us to Eurocentres Kanazawa. I met Yasuko Aizawa, my coordinator. She told me that she is only one who can speak both Japanese and English fluently, so if I need anything I should just go to her ^_^ Then she gave me a Eurocentres bag and binder. Afterwards we had lunch baffet at a hotel near the Kanazawa Station and came home. :-O Today is mother's day! I phoned my mom and asked my dad how to say "happy mother's day" in Japanese :-P so then I said "Haha no hi omedetou" to my host mom. At night my host parents' son, daughter-in-law and grandson came for dinner to celebrate haha no hi. We had Japanese style BBQ and some beer. =^_^= sugoi oishikatta! Tomorrow is first day of class... kinchou kinchou! mya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home