Right after spring 04 finals... overwhelmed and confused...
For reasons I cannot recall now, I became interested in Japanese. But due to SFU's lack of Japanese classes, I went to placement twice (both took me at least 1.5 hr) and couldn't register for a Japanese class both times (which also left me with no choice but to take French ;_;). I eventually gave up on the hope to get into a Japanese class at SFU and started having Japanese tutor lessons. Although I had one Japanese lesson every week for 9 months before I went to Kanazawa, it really was quite useless. No offense to my tutor, but all I learned before I was in Japan were some vocab, some basic phrases, and some adjectives. I just couldn't take something outside of school serious ;_; Last summer I was so sick of school after 5 consecutive semestres that I decided to take a break (yay~). Clarke suggested going to Japan and found a traveling agency for me. At first I was really unsure about this, 'cause I was afraid of getting lost in Japan and never coming back to NA. I really don't know how it happened... There were three schools to choose from, and I chose to go to Kanazawa because I have never heard of it. Even after I registered for it, I was pretty sure that I was not going. I felt that I was just paying the registration fee because I was obligated to after registering for the school. Also my parents were not all that excited about sending me to a place that I have never been to. It just felt so unreal... but one thing led to another and there I was in Tokyo meeting up with my dad today (May 8th for Japan), flying to Komatsu Airport in Ishikawa Prefecture, one hour away from Kanazawa. My parents didn't think I was smart enough to take the cool bullet trains, I didn't even know the name of my school, (Eurocentres Kanazawa) until my host parents mentioned it to me... I am more frightened than excited and didn't know what I am doing in the Nakamura's, my host parents' house *_* we gave them ice wine and maple syrup as gifts... and I played with Kouki, their grandson, after eating really delicious ten-don (shrimp tempura... rice) for dinner.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home